Google+ Stuff That Matters! : Hello World!  Google+

Monday 27 October 2014

Hello World! 

Yet another page by me, mainly driven by my urge to share perhaps the greatest personal philosophy ever, #Stoicism . I created this page because I didn't want to make StuffThatMatters page crowded with short, self-help posts etc. 

But I couldn't resist the urge to share the Stoic teachings with the world, obviously. Well, all this is due to one simple reason - writing about Stoicism (or any topic, for that matter) will help me understand the concept better, while simultaneously enabling others like me to study it occasionally. Thus, it's a win-win scenario. :)

I don't know whether this announcement counts as stuff that matters according to you, so sorry in advance. :) 

Thanks everyone. 

#Philosophy

The Spiritual Stoic originally shared:
Hello World! 

This is a non-commercial, voluntary page driven by one sole cause - to spread the spiritual and philosophical teachings, especially those ones developed by the Stoic teachers like Epictetus, Aurelius and Seneca that we can apply to our daily lives. 

I am but one person, +Anirban Chatterjee who maintains this page as of now, and totally for the cause I mentioned. My only other incentive is to learn #Stoicism  better, by the art of what I call Stoic posting

Obviously, as the tagline of the page notes, Epictetus tells us to embody our philosophies, i.e live according to them, instead of discussing them, but I believe that when you write about something, and help others grasp it using simple language, your own understanding of the concept deepens. 

As such, my Stoic brothers and sisters, this post starts the journey of my Stoic posts on Google+!

Warm regards from India
Anirban Chatterjee 

P.S: I maintain another page, StuffThatMatters, about pretty much anything scientific that interests me. If you like, you can check it out here: http://goo.gl/iJ0AUr 

Also, my personal page remains +Anirban Chatterjee, although it will be used to host nothing other than my occasional smatterings. :)

Image credits: Pixabay.com 

#Philosophy   #spirituality   #selfimprovement  




from Stuff That Matters! - Google+ Posts http://ift.tt/1xvBBBe
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment